- K. H. Nielsen, G. Balling, T. Hope, and M. Nakamura (2015). “Sipping Science: The Interpretative Flexibility of Science Cafes in Denmark and Japan”, East Asian Science, Technology, and Society: an International Journal, 9-1, 1-21.
- Ryuma Shineha, Masaki Nakamura (2013). “Diversity in STS Communities: A Comparative Analysis of Topics”, East Asian Science, Technology, and Society: an International Journal, 7(1), 145-158.
- M. Nakamura ed. (2013). Science and Politics after the Disaster of March 11 in Japan [in Japanese], Nakanishiya Publishing.
- J. Higashijima, Y. Miura, C. Nakagawa, Y. Yamanouchi, K. Takahashi and M. Nakamura (2012). “Public opinions regarding the relationship between Autism Spectrum Disorders and society: social agenda construction via science cafe and public dialogue using questionnaires,” Journal of Science Communication, 11(04) A03.
- M. Nakamura (2010). “STS in Japan in light of the science cafe movement”, East Asian Science, Technology and Society: an International Journal, 4-1, 145-151